As you can see, Brooks loves bananas. He also loves his carbs, so banana bread is a no-brainer in our house. I was jealous watching the rest of the family enjoy banana bread while I'm dairy free (while nursing Vance). So I mixed and matched some recipes to create this dairy-free banana oat bread recipe. This does make a very dense bread, so if you are looking for light and fluffy, this is not the right recipe for you.
3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1.5 cups loosely packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1.5 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup old fashioned oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash up 3 bananas (or have your toddler do so).
- Combine the bananas, olive oil, eggs, and brown sugar and whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, and oats to the wet mixture. Stir until combined.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes at 350 degrees.
I'm always looking for ways to change up recipes since Brooks's tastes change hourly. How did you remix this recipe to better suit your family?!